The Edmonton Henna Meetup Group started in the Fall of 2017, to provide Edmonton with a community for henna artists to meet and share the joy of henna. We practice henna art together, swap ideas, adorn each other with beautiful henna design, make friends and learn from one another!
For the first hour of each Meetup, you will enjoy a tutorial. If you have any specific questions or idea of what you’d like us to cover during the meetup, please let us know. We would really love your input, as this group is new and will develop based on YOUR interests!
- Creating beautiful vines
- How to master the “paisley” design, and create peacocks!
- Tips for making homemade paste & rolling cones
- Creating symmetrical mandala-style designs
- Adding new styles of flower petals and patterns to fill your designs
- Experimenting with henna styles from different regions of the world
- How to become a professional henna artist
- Henna-style painting on canvas
For the second hour of each Meetup, you become the canvas! You are invited to participate in a free-for-all where you can either practice with lotion cones or henna on each other. Everyone will leave with a beautiful henna design! Let’s support one another to become the best artists we can be!
If you are interested in joining our Henna Community and attending a Henna Meetup, please contact us to have your name added to our interest list, and you will be contacted when our next meeting is scheduled. We tend to schedule based on availability of those who are interested, so you may be sent a Doodle Poll with some possible meeting times to select from.