With proper aftercare, your henna can last 1 to 3 weeks. We’ve compiled our most popular tips to get a darker, longer-lasting stain. These ideas are great to combine with our precare tips.
- To start, leave the henna paste on for as long as possible. At least 3 hours is recommended, but it is common that clients will leave their henna on for several hours longer, or even until the following morning after it is applied.
- You may use a solution of lemon juice and sugar to seal the henna paste so it can stick to your skin for longer. Alternatively, ask us about our Mefix bandages as another solution to help your henna stick on your skin for as long as you’d like.
- It’s a great idea to keep your skin warm, especially while the paste is on and for 48 hours after, and doing it’s job!
- After removing the henna paste, avoid contact with water as much as possible for the first 24 to 48 hours. Apply oil to your henna design after the paste is removed or wearing gloves, while coming into contact with water, in instances where you must come into contact with water to increase the longevity of your design.
- You may also consider using a gentle moisturizer such as coconut oil, and avoid exfoliation.
Enjoy your henna design for as long as it lasts, know that part of the joy of henna is that you will eventually have a fresh canvas to have a new henna applied to!